Tuesday, November 22, 2011

(22) - Breezehome - Journal entry -

Loredas 5th of Hearthfire 4E201

I woke up pretty late this morning, and still tired.  So I started off the day with some bread and goat cheese, and a few sips of a potion of health. I had forgotten Lydia was still carrying a bunch of loot about for me, and I only had sold my heavy stuff yesterday, so I had plenty left too. So the next thing we did was go by all the shops, selling everything I didn't want to save myself. Once we were done, I counted my gold, and I almost couldn't believe it. We did so well on the selling, especially the Breton paid us well, that I had over 7500 gold. I could buy the house!

We immediately left for Dragonsreach, where we quickly found Proventus Avenicci. I bought the house! It's called Breezehome, not far from the city entrance, and thankfully that means at good distance from Jorrvaskr. Next to that, I had more then enough gold to have it fully furnished. I even bought an alchemy table, because last weeks experiences taught me you can't have enough poison with you, it really saved my life in Dustman's Cairn. I still haven't come across any good alchemy books though, I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled, so I can have a go at making some poisons myself eventually.


Breezehome

Lydia and I ate some vegetable soup and roasted horker meat at the Bannered Mare, while workers carried all furniture to the house. To celebrate I bought myself some decent regular clothes, and soon after I stepped into my new home for the first time. I can't begin to explain how happy and excited I was, no longer the need to carry books around, and I could now change clothes without having to drag my armor with me in my knapsack. I love the house!


Gwenneth at Breezehome

After getting the fire going I went through the house with Lydia, cheering of joy I must admit. As there was a spare bedroom as well, Lydia was overjoyed too when I said she could live with me. With the help of Lydia I started to unpack our knapsacks, and storing my belongings. And there was so much storing space! Eventually I decided on storing things the following way;


Living room:

Weapon Plaque: Fine Skyforge steel war axe
Weapon Rack: for my preferred weapons of choice, currently an ancient Nord war axe of cold and an Orcish bow
Book shelves: history books
Cupboard: all fresh food in need of preparation


Weapon rack


Dining area:

Cupboard: prepared food, salted fish and meat and all wine and mead



Living room with dining area in the back


Alchemy and writing room:

Book shelves: skill books, and any books on Skyrim
Chest: potions and poisons
Apothecary satchels: ingredients


Alchemy and writing tables


Loft:

Weapon plaque: empty
Cupboard: dragon bones and scales
End table: soul gems


Bedroom:

Weapon plaque: iron shield with two crossed greatswords
Dresser: clothes and armor
Chest: hides, leather and ingots
End table (left): jewelry and gems
End table (right): novels, letters, any other books and my journal


Bedroom

And of course the spare bedroom would be Lydia's domain. I've put some clothes and gold in her end table. She may be my housecarl, but I don't want to treat her like a slave. She'll risk life and limbs for me, and I'll definitely reward her for that. It was already evening when we were finished, and roasted some venison over the fire. I dismissed Lydia, and she went to bed early.

It feels so good to be writing this in my own bed, in the relative safety of my own house. Finally I'll be able to travel light again, taking just what I think I'll need for the trip. I have so many questions that need answering, so many places to travel, so many things to inquire about. But first, I will make sure this house becomes stocked to the brim with provisions, potions, whatever I think I might need on my travels. My home will be my castle! Tomorrow I'll make a start on getting all shelves and chests filled...

2 comments:

Eric Her said...

Nice! That's a very organized house. Looks like Gwenneth is doing pretty well for herself.

Shilka said...

Yes, this was one of the main goals I had set for Gwenneth, she really wants a place of her own. I spent an entire evening on organizing and figuring out where to put what, heh. Gwenneth is pretty much broke now though.

It's worth it though, now when I load Gwenneth up with her (light) armor, weapons and enough food and potions to last two days she only weighs 57/310. Add another 200 of empty space from lydia, and she can haul quite a bit of firewood, food and loot.
Though I try to keep things realistic, I won't let her carry 30 swords or 10 armors or anything. I do roleplay that she can put small stuff in her pockets, and roll up hides etc, to be carried on top of her knapsack. I'm quite picky about what she takes along, trying to keep it realistic.