Sunday, November 20, 2011

(17) - Whiterun Shops - Journal entry -

Morndas 31st of Last Seed 4E201
(continued) 

So I have been checking out some of the shops today, and sold all the things that I wasn't able to sell to Lucan Valerius in Riverwood after he ran out of gold.

After sharing some cabbage potato soup with Lydia, I went to 'Arcadia's Cauldron', right next door to the Bannered Mare. My knapsack was rattling with potions, so I sold all vials I had to Arcadia, keeping only a few potions of health and a few poison vials for myself. Though prices weren't the best, it was at least better then selling to Lucan.

Then I went to Belethor's General Goods, selling some more goods of mine to the rowdy Breton shopkeeper. Though his boasting and failed sense of humor didn't really impress me, I was happy he wasn't yet another cheapskate Imperial. He didn't have much of interest for sale for me though.

After a short walk towards the main gate I arrived at the 'Warmaidens', a shop ran by Ulfberth War-Bear. As I sold him any excess weapons and armor I had on me, he explained he got his supplies from Adrianne Avenicci, working the forge just outside the shop. She was probably related to the Jarl's steward, but I wasn't really impressed by her handicraft. Neither her weapons or armor were anything special.

Returning to the Bannered Mare I decided of trusting my books and some other things I wanted to save to Lydia. I guess having a housecarl does have its advantages, and she wasn't carrying any of her own possessions around anyway. A shared burden is a light burden, right?
Since there were two of us, and I still had a lot of provisions left, Lydia and I shared a abundant dinner of rabbit haunch, baked potatoes and grilled leek, washed down with some ale. As it's already late I'll skip my reading for now. Next to that I want to be well rested for tomorrow. I really need to make myself some gold, and I think my best bet is to contact the companions. A bit of old fashioned hacking and slashing to make a bit of gold seems like a good idea, next to that it will be a good distraction from all the questions that keep running through my mind...

No comments: