Monday, November 21, 2011

(19) - To Riverwood and Back - Journal entry -

Middas 2nd of Hearthfire 4E201


I woke up early this morning, and picked up Lydia at the inn, where we had a quick bite of some cold grilled chicken breast. The shops weren't open yet, so I had to remember to buy that mammoth tusk when we would get back from Riverwood.
We left Whiterun and had an uneventful trip to Riverwood. We only came across the dead body of the 'honorable death' Orc. I was surprised the wolves hadn't dragged it off yet, I suppose orc flesh isn't their favorite.


Arriving in Riverwood I could see the Jarl had kept his word, there were indeed city guards patrolling the walkways above the town's entrances. I only counted a total of three guards though, and though I didn't think three would be enough to fight a dragon, I suppose it was better then nothing. I had a quick talk with Gerdur, and she seemed to be satisfied with the protection sent.


City guard at Riverwood


After some tomato soup at the Sleeping Giant Inn we left for Whiterun again, as I wanted to get back in time to buy that mammoth tusk for Ysolda. Halfway to Whiterun we had just finished killing a wolf next to the waterfalls when a wood elf attacked us. He had little chance, while I distracted him, Lydia near to cleaved him in half attacking him from behind. He did have an exceptionally nice Orcish bow on him, so I took that while giving my old one to Lydia.


Waterfalls halfway Riverwood and Whiterun


Just before Whiterun we discovered some Khajiit had set up camp near the Whiterun entrance. They turned out to be traders, and one of them actually had a Mammoth tusk on sale. It was a bit cheaper then the one Belethor had on sale, so I bought it.
After heading through the city gate I made a stop at Adrianne Avenicci, who by the way turns out to be Proventus' daughter. I bought an iron helmet for Lydia, as she didn't have any helmet yet, and once done Adrianne asked me to deliver a sword, meant as a present for the Jarl, to her father, who could pick the right time to give it to Jarl Balgruuf. I agreed as I had to search around town for Ysolda anyway.


Khajiit tentcamp


Right outside Dragons Reach I came across Ysolda, and gave her the mammoth tusk. She was very pleased with it as it would give her the opportunity to impress the Khadjiit traders she'd been dealing with. Though there was no physical reward for me, it still felt strangely rewarding to have helped her out. She was really trying her best to get into the trade business, and deserved a bit of help. Just as my mind wandered to memories of Leanawen, who had saved my life so selflessly, Lydia reminded me of having to deliver the sword. Proventus Avenicci handed me 20 gold for my troubles (how Imperial), and then we went back to the Bannered Mare.


Back at the Inn we prepared some seared slaughterfish with vegetable soup. I handed Lydia some gold for a room again, then went back to Jorrvaskr. I had a look at some of the history books on my bedside table, but they didn't grasp my attention, and all my other books are still in Lydia's backpack. I guess I'll just go sleep early, and tomorrow I'll have a look if Farkas or Aela has a decent paying task for me.



No comments: