Wednesday, November 16, 2011

(11) - Leather Armor - Journal entry -

Middas 26th of Last Seed 4E201

Reading the book on light armor forging yesterday evening gave me an idea. Alvor didn't have any leather armor on sale, but the book has very detailed descriptions on how to make one , so I figured I could ask Alvor to make me one. I have enough leather and straps to spare, and enough gold to pay him.

So after a nice bread and cheese breakfast I went to Alvor and asked him. Well, instead of him making it, he suggested he would help me make it myself! At first I was a bit hesitant, but the book's descriptions are very clear, and after some practice on scraps, Alvor helped me to get started, cutting the leather, using leather straps and studs to attach every piece, and we salvaged some belts and other tidbits from my old armor to make the whole thing presentable. It has taken all day, and regularly Alvor had to help me out. Luckily he didn't seem too busy today.


My new leather armor

Well I can't thank him enough, because at the end of the day, I had my very own, self made leather armor! I'm so proud! And I can't explain how good it feels to wear something I made myself, it was a very satisfying day. I just finished my Salmon steak, and decided on celebrating with some honeybrew mead.

I'm going to turn in early today, my hands are hurting from tightening leather straps all day. Next to that, I want to leave before dawn tomorrow, I decided I want to revisit Helgen. Perhaps I can find some of the belongings taken from me when I was arrested, and since I haven't seen an imperial in over a week, I suppose the place has been abandoned, so I can do some scavenging through the rubble the dragon left behind. That's for tomorrow though. No book reading today, I really want to sleep now...

2 comments:

Eric Her said...

Damn, I never even thought about revisiting Helgen.There has to be some bodies to loot right?

Shilka said...

Well, that depends on how thorough you were during the first time in Helgen. And if it hasn't been too long (eventually the bodies will disappear). If you rushed through the keep there should be some stuff left in barrels and chests.

Next update will be about Helgen, and since gwenneth had been very thorough the first time... but she did have a very interesting trip back to riverwood :)